CLPS (Commercial Lunar Payload Services) Data Scientist at NASA-JSC:
- Provide expertise to the Commercial Lunar Payload Services (CLPS) initiative at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (JSC) which works with several American companies to deliver science and technology to the lunar surface.
- Work with NASA Astromaterials Research and Exploration Science (ARES) Division / NASA Science Mission Directorate (SMD) to navigate the export of data from all CLPS missions.
- Upload data to the Planetary Data System (PDS) in the correct format.
- Understand the varying ownership of data across providers and missions along with options available for public access of such data.
- Work across NASA Headquarters, commercial providers, and all individual CLPS project scientists on the development of repeatable processes and procedures to enable the timely export of mission data to the public.
- Work with large data sets and collaborate with technical staff on data quality and standards compliance.